St. Nicholas' Church in Bodurzal is the orthodox church situated on the castle hill next to the Bratislava Castle. The church was built in 1661 by Paul Pálffy‘s (1589 - 1655) widow Countess Frances, neé Khuen. It is a part of the "Carpathian Wooden Churches" UNESCO World Heritage Site that consists of nine wooden religious buildings constructed between 16th and 18th century in eight different locations in Slovakia. They include two Roman Catholic (Hervartov, Tvrdošín), three Protestant (so-called Articular churches in Hronsek, Leštiny, Kežmarok) and three Greek Orthodox churches (Bodružal, Ruská Bystrá, Ladomirová) plus one belfry in Hronsek.
All creatures, great.
18 hours ago