Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tenerife Island, Spain


Spain-13, originally uploaded by Abhishek's Received Postcards.

Tenerife, a Spanish island, is the largest of the seven Canary Islands in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Africa. Tenerife also has the highest elevation of Spain, a World Heritage Site that is the third largest volcano in the world from its base, El Teide. It is an active volcano which last erupted in 1909. The volcano and its surroundings comprise the Teide National Park (Parque Nacional del Teide in Spanish).

1 comments:

Elena February 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM  

Hi! My name is Elena. I'm from Gran Canaria (Canary Islands, Spain) and I'm a pencil collector. If you want, we can do an exchange: I can get some postcards here for you, if you get some pencils where you live for me. If you are interested, write me: elenagb_88@hotmail.com =)

Post a Comment